On the outskirts of Calico, a new expedition in an uncharted territory awaits eager explorers with the debut of the park’s newest attraction, Calico River Rapids. Opening on Friday, May 17th, the new white water raft ride takes explorers on a search for new land where indigenous wildlife, treacherous roaring rapids, dynamic water effects plus a variety of wild surprises will be encountered along the way. The attraction comes to life with new animatronics and special effects designed and manufactured by Garner Holt Productions, Inc.
Knott’s Boysenberry Festival 2019 Food Items
$35 – Tasting Card (8 choices of the 14 options)$30- Wine/ Craft Brew Card
Tasting Card Items
1) Boysenberry Chili in a Boysenberry Sourdough Bread Bowl (NEW!)a. Sutter’s Stand
2) Boysenberry and Lemon Hummus with Pita Bread (NEW!)a. Sutter’s Stand
3) Boysenberry Dry Rubbed Flank Steak with a Boysenberry Cream Cheese Topping (NEW!)a. Sutter’s Stand
4) Boysenberry Elote
a. Ghost Town Bank Stand
5) Boysenberry Jerk Chicken Wings (NEW!)a. Spur’s Chophouse Outdoor Stand
6) Boysenberry Sausage in a Bun
a. Wilderness Dance Hall
7) Boysenberry BBQ Chicken Skewers with a Boysenberry Aioli (NEW!)a. Wilderness Dance Hall
8) Boysenberry Pot Roast over Boysenberry Mashed Potatoes (NEW!)a. Inside Spurs Chophouse
9) Boysenberry Glazed Salmon over mixed Greens and topped with a Boysenberry Vinaigrette
a. Inside Spurs Chophouse
10) Boysenberry Habanero Baked Mac and Cheese (NEW!)a. Wagon Wheel Pizza
11) Boysenberry Jambalaya with Chicken and Sausage (NEW!)a. Wagon Wheel Pizza
12) Boysenberry Pulled Pork Tostada (NEW!)a. Wagon Wheel Pizza
13) Boysenberry Waffle with Maple Boysenberry Cream Cheese Syrup (NEW!)a. Ghost Town Bakery
14) Boysenberry Cinnamon Sugar Flour Tortilla Chips with Boysenberry Ice Cream (NEW!)a. Ghost Town Bakery
Boysenberry Food Items
- Boysenberry Shawarma (NEW!)
- Boysenberry Cheesecake on a Stick
- Boysenberry Glazed Salmon over mixed Greens and topped with a Boysenberry
- Boysenberry Pot Roast over Boysenberry Mashed Potatoes (NEW!)
Spurs Chophouse Stand:
Boysenberry Jerk Chicken Wings (NEW!)
Spurs Patio: Wine & Beer Bar
Boysenberry Draft Beer Boysenberry Wine
Ghost Town Grill:
The Berry Beast (NEW!)
The “Walter Knott” (Ice tea & boysenberry punch) Boysenberry Lite Margaritas
Boysenberry Ice Cream
Boysenberry Pie Slices
Wilderness Dance Hall:
Boysenberry BBQ Chicken Skewers with a Boysenberry Aioli (NEW!) Boysenberry Mini Sausage on a Bun
Assorted Beers and Wines
Ghost Town Bakery:
Assorted Boysenberry Baked Goods
Boysenberry Sugar Cookie
Boysenberry Key Lime Tart (NEW!)
Boysenberry Cinnamon Sugar Flour Tortilla Chips with Boysenberry Ice Cream (NEW!) Boysenberry Waffle with Maple Boysenberry Cream Cheese Syrup (NEW!)
Boysenberry Draft Beer Boysenberry Wine
Ghost Town Grub:
Ghost Town Bank Stand:
Wagon Wheel Pizza:
Boysenberry Habanero Baked Mac and Cheese (NEW!)
Boysenberry Pulled Pork Tostada (NEW!)
Boysenberry Jambalaya with Chicken and Sausage (NEW!)
Boysenberry Pull Pork Fries Alligator Bites
Sutter’s Food Stands:
Boysenberry Chili in a Boysenberry Sourdough Bread Bowl (NEW!)
Boysenberry and Lemon Hummus with Pita Bread (NEW!)
Boysenberry Dry Rubbed Flank Steak with a Boysenberry Cream Cheese Topping (NEW!)
Gourmet Coffee Hut:
Boysenberry Bubble Tea/ Boba
Boysenberry White Chocolate Cappuccino Boysenberry Hot and Shaken Tea
Boysenberry Sugar Cookies
Boysenberry Key Lime Tart (NEW!)
Boysenberry Assorted Pastries
Strictly on a Stick:
Boysenberry Corn Dog (also with fries) Boysenberry BBQ Popcorn Chicken
Boysenberry Western BBQ Burger Boysenberry Western Burger Basket Boysenberry Pie Milkshake
Boysenberry Corn Bread (served with meals)
Boysenberry Pulled Pork Sandwich
Boysenberry House Salad with Fresh Berries and Boysenberry Vinaigrette Boysenberry Meatball Sandwich
Boysenberry BBQ Cheddar Pizza
Boysenberry Dole Whip Floats (NEW!)
Log Ride Funnel Cake:
Boysenberry and Lemon Funnel Cake (NEW!)
Boysenberry Stuffed Churro
Boysenberry Churro Bites (NEW!)
Boysenberry Churro Sundae w/ Boysenberry Ice Cream
Boysenberry ICEE Floats
Boysenberry Ice Cream Cone Boysenberry Cookiewich
Cordelia’s Pie Kitchen:
Build-Your-Own Boysenberry PiesLa Papa Loca:
Boysenberry Chicken Fries
Fiesta Dog and Broiler:
Boysenberry 2-Foot Long Hot Dog
Grizzly Creek Lodge:
Boysenberry Butter Grilled Cheese (NEW!)
Boysenberry Butter Grilled Cheese with Boysenberry Jam Sandwich (NEW!)
Boysenberry Cotton Candy
The Knott’s Boysenberry Festival is an annual food-inspired event that celebrates the park’s historic roots by highlighting the little berry that started it all, the boysenberry. This year’s newly-expanded festival will feature over 75 unique boysenberry-inspired creations crafted by the Knott’s culinary team. Guests will have the opportunity to indulge in a tantalizing line up of dishes ranging from savory foods with a boysenberry twist to one-of-a-kind specialty desserts and drinks that can only be found at Knott’s Berry Farm during this time of the year. In addition to the numerous food and drink offerings, the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival offers a wide selection of local crafters, live music, musical stage shows and fun activities for guests of all ages to enjoy. This year’s Boysenberry Festival runs 31 days starting March 29, operating daily through April 28, 2019.
This year’s lineup will introduce several new food items including:
- Flavorful boysenberry dry rubbed flank steak topped with boysenberry cream cheese
- Sweet and tangy boysenberry jerk chicken wings
- Hearty boysenberry chili in a fresh-baked boysenberry sourdough bread bowl
- Tender boysenberry pot roast served over rich and creamy boysenberry mashed potatoes
- Grilled boysenberry BBQ chicken skewers served with a zesty boysenberry aioli dipping sauce
- Boysenberry glazed salmon served on mixed greens and topped with a boysenberry vinaigrette
- Spicy boysenberry habanero baked mac and cheese
- Boysenberry jambalaya prepared with chicken, boysenberry sausage and bell peppers served with white rice
- Boysenberry pulled pork tostada topped with creamy coleslaw and boysenberry drizzle
- Boysenberry-lemon hummus served with pita bread
- Grilled boysenberry sausage on a freshly baked roll topped with boysenberry ketchup, relish, and mustard
- Boysenberry elote, a grilled corn on the cob smothered in fresh boysenberry butter, mayo and topped off with cotija cheese
- Fresh-baked boysenberry waffles served with sweet maple boysenberry cream cheese syrup
- Boysenberry cinnamon sugar tortilla crisps served with creamy boysenberry ice cream
A great way to indulge the new boysenberry food items during the festival is by purchasing a tasting card priced at $35 which offers eight tastings from a selection of fourteen boysenberry-inspired dishes. A variety of signature boysenberry items will also be available for purchase a la carte. Tasting cards are available at Knotts.com or at the theme park.
Guest can also take home a taste of the boysenberry festival with limited edition merchandise found throughout the park. This year’s new merchandise includes a selection of event apparel, plus new packaged food items perfect for take-home souvenirs like the boysenberry peanut, cashew and pecan brittle, boysenberry hand-dipped chocolate-covered turtles, graham crackers and honeycomb. The Knott’s Berry Market also features signature boysenberry items like the delicious boysenberry BBQ sauce or the classic jams and preserves. Unique boysenberry inspired artisan products will also be available at the Boysenberry Festival Craft Fair returning with 30 local craft vendors.
Knott’s Boysenberry Festival offers endless entertainment options for the festival goer:
- Tied up in Knott’s! – “Tied Up in Knott’s!” is a tribute art show dedicated to the rich history of Knott’s Berry Farm. Over 30 artists will be contributing 50 pieces of art to the show, which pays homage to Knott’s Berry Farm’s past, present and future in various mediums including: oil paintings, illustrations and digital mixed media. These original pieces will be hung on display at the Wilderness Dance Hall during the duration of the Boysenberry Festival.
- Snoopy’s Boysenberry Jamboree! – Guests are invited to join Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the entire Peanuts Gang in a musical stage show that will have families dancing along at the Calico Mine Stage.
- Old Time Melodrama – Knott’s pays tribute to its past at the Legendary Bird Cage Theatre with a special presentation of the musical comedy melodrama with a surprising boysenberry twist!
- Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies – A group of krazy talented performers will have guests toe tappin’, vine dancin’ and knee-slappin’ to a comedic country music show at the Wagon Camp stage.
- Musical Performances – Various musical duos playing Country and Bluegrass tunes will take the stage at Fireman’s stage.
- Old MacDonald Petting Zoo – Young ones and young at heart are invited to cozy up to the cutest critters on the farm including horses, sheep, goats and other furry friends. Old MacDonald’s farm pays tribute to one of the farm’s original attractions.
The Boysenberry Festival is included with admission to Knott’s Berry Farm. Additional costs apply for food tasting experiences within the event. Knott’s will have extended hours on select days March 29 – April 28, allowing guests extra time to take advantage of all of the limited-time offerings.
The best way to savor every day of the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival and all of the other Seasons of Fun is with a 2019 Season Pass. A Regular Season Pass includes unlimited admission in 2019 to Knott’s Berry Farm with no blackout dates, and a Gold Season Pass includes unlimited admission in 2019 to both Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City Waterpark with no blackout dates. Regular passes are just $98 or five easy payments of $15.50 after an initial payment and Gold Passes are $118 or five easy payments of just $18.50 after an initial payment. These offers end April 28, 2019. Applicable taxes and fees apply. Payment plans are only available at knotts.com.
The multi-weekend celebration features PEANUTS-inspired comic strip photo ops, new entertainment, family-friendly activities and festive park-wide décor, weekends starting January 26 – March 10, 2019
Buena Park, Calif. – Knott’s Berry Farm is starting 2019 with two additional weekends of the Knott’sPEANUTS Celebration, an event uniquely dedicated to celebrating the beloved PEANUTS Gang. Knott’sinvites guests to step into the iconic world of Charles M. Schulz comic strips as the characters take over the entire theme park with special activities for everyone to enjoy. The newly-extended celebration will take place on weekends beginning January 26th through March 10th plus President’s day, February 18th. The limited time event will welcome fans of all ages to join in on the fun by introducing new ways for guests to play and interact with the PEANUTS Gang throughout the park. The celebration includes interactive character experiences, new festive PEANUTS inspired décor, more vibrant comic strip photo opportunities, live shows, festive merchandise, and deliciously themed-treats.
The celebration will have plenty of surprises hidden around every corner. One-of-a-kind photo opportunities will be available throughout the park allowing guests to step inside a PEANUTS comic strip for a unique and shareable memory. The vibrant décor will include full-size comic strip props like CharlieBrown’s kites and his renowned thought bubbles which will adorn the park’s pathways. Guests will havethe chance to meet with the beloved PEANUTS characters throughout the day as the characters appear at unexpected locations for personal interactions.
Camp Snoopy Theater will debut the all-new Space Beagle show featuring Charlie Brown and Lucy, asthe world’s famous beagle becomes the first dog on the moon. It’s out of this world fun for the wholefamily. Also in Camp Snoopy, the Grand Sierra Railroad invites kids to celebrate with the PEANUTS Gang as they head to the Beagle Bonanza in this fun ride overlay.
The PEANUTS inspired festivities will continue at the Bird Cage Theatre as the park offers an experience that gives both the young and the young at heart a lesson on how to draw their favorite PEANUTS characters. The PEANUTS Sketch School will include our resident art teacher who will provide step by step instructions on how to draw the perfect PEANUTS masterpiece.
Franklin and Linus are on a Western escapade as they transform into cowboys in the PEANUTS Cowboy Jamboree at Calico Park. The boys are looking to challenge guests with some of the rootiniest, tootinestgames in Calico. Also in Ghost Town, everyone’s favorite messy pal, Pig Pen will be joining the rest of the PEANUTS Gang as he hosts a special meetup at the Livery Stables with some of his favorite animalfriends. The celebration will also add a brand new overlay to one of the park’s tallest attractions. SkyCabin will be donning a festive overlay as an homage to the smallest member of the PEANUTS Gang, bytransforming into Woodstock’s Bird’s-Eye View. Guests will be seated on Woodstock’s nest as theloveable yellow bird takes those aboard on a breathtaking journey above the entire PEANUTS Celebration.
The celebration continues at the Calico Mine Stage where the PEANUTS characters have two musical surprises for guests. During the day Sally and Schroder will host a retrospect of music in The Music GoesRound and Round where they’ll have the audience dancing in the aisles. At nightfall, the stage willtransform into a musical extravaganza as the park hosts Woodstock’s Musical Festival. The musicalevent will feature the Peanuts Gang joined by the family-friendly indie band The Jelly of the Month Club, performing a high energy rock concert for the whole family. While visiting Fiesta Village guests canuncover an experience that is guaranteed to make everyone dance with the park’s first ever, Discotecade Silencio or also known as a silent disco. The fun begins with guests strapping on a set of headphones and enjoying some upbeat tunes. The party will be hosted by Snoopy’s brother Spike. It’s the most funguests can experience while being quiet. The best way to enjoy every weekend of the all-new Knott’sPEANUTS Celebration and all of the other Seasons of Fun is with a 2019 Season Pass. A Regular Season Pass includes unlimited admission in 2019 to Knott’s Berry Farm with no blackout dates, and a GoldSeason Pass includes unlimited admission in 2019 to both Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak CityWaterpark with no blackout dates. Regular passes are just $98 or five easy payments of $15.50 after an
initial payment and Gold Passes are $118 or five easy payments of just $18.50 after an initial payment. These offers end April 28, 2019. Applicable taxes and fees apply. Payment plans are only available at knotts.com
The countdown to the New Year is on at Knott’s Merry Farm! With special fireworks, live entertainment, and extended hours, plus Knott’s signature rides and attractions, Knott’s New Year’s Eve celebration is the place to experience an unforgettable night.
Unique one-night-only entertainment serves up fun for a variety of ages and interests including a family-friendly comedian, dance lessons and more. Guests are invited to count down to the New Year with festive music, party hats, noisemakers, and endless fun. To culminate the evening and the final seconds of 2018, Knott’s will light up the night sky with a dazzling firework display at the stroke of midnight.
· Martini Pop Swing Band is on hand to play the slickest standards ever. Professional swing dancers and instructors will be there to make sure guests don’t miss a single step.
· The Calico Mine Stage will blast unforgettable pop and rock music courtesy of the ladies of The Suffragettes. It’ll have guests dancing in the aisles.
· DJ Howly brings the party to the farm for a special New Year’s celebration with high-energy music and dancing taking place at the Calico Mine Stage.
· Next to the Calico Mine Stage, the PEANUTS characters will be posing for pictures with guests to celebrate the New Year.
· The stage will be set at Boardwalk BBQ as two sets of 88 keys go head to head in full keys wage war with PianoMania Dueling Pianos.
· Family-friendly comedian, Chipper Lowell, brings his hilarious comedy, magic and audience participation to the Bird Cage Theatre.
· Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies, four country boys from deep in the hills of Anaheim will have the crowd’s toes tappin’, hands clappin’ and guts bustin’. The best darn tootin’ entertainment this side of the Santa Ana freeway. The comical and musical number can be seen at the Wagon Camp.
· Fiesta Plaza will feature DJ JC playing upbeat music and will host a dance instructor to teach guests how to dance the Latin way.
· Midnight Fireworks Spectacular, guests can ring in the New Year with a bang as the park’s skies wonderfully light up for an aerial fireworks display that will leave the young and young at heart in awe.
· A New Year’s Eve celebration is not complete without a delicious meal. Spur’s Restaurant is serving up a special New Year’s Eve buffet from 4pm-10pm; prices are $34.99+tax for adults, $29.99 for Seniors (62 and over0 and $18.99+ tax for kids (11 and under).
In addition to the special New Year’s Eve entertainment, guests can experience all the magic of Knott’s Merry Farm’s festive lineup of entertainment, delectable food, and holiday shopping including:
· Merry Christmas, Snoopy! In this exciting show filled with whimsical and spectacular ice skating, Snoopy enjoys all of the best parts of the season including trimming the Christmas tree, awaiting Santa’s arrival and attending the festive Christmas Ball!
· When the sun sets on the farm, the buildings and paths in Ghost Town twinkle brightly to the beat of holiday favorites as snow gently falls. Park goers can enjoy the nightly Snow and Glow experience on School House Road and Main Street in Ghost Town.
· Another nighttime tradition at Knott’s Merry Farm is the joyous Tree Lighting Ceremony. The Calico Tree Lighting Ceremony features the Calico Bell Choir and the mayor of Calico gathering around the tree for an illuminating Christmas celebration.
· The holiday season celebration continues in Camp Snoopy with a lively performance at the Camp Snoopy Theater A Peanuts Guide to Christmas features delightful mash ups of holiday songs with a cheerful and heartwarming dose of the Peanuts Gang.
· In the intimate setting of Ghost Town’s historic Bird Cage Theatre, catch a live performance of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol or O. Henry’s A Gift of the Magi.
· Savor the ultimate comfort foods with Knott’s world-famous holiday treats.Santa’s Christmas Cabin serves up holiday delights like Santa’s homemade cookies, mouthwatering pastries, winter wine, craft beer, and more. Guests can also enjoy the fresh made-to-order churros from the Churro Factory as well as the legendary cooking at Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant.
· In Ghost Town, the streets transform into a shopping wonderland with the Knott’s Christmas Crafts Village that offers dozens of local artisans selling their unique gifts.
Knott’s New Year’s Eve Celebration is included with regular daytime admission. Park hours on New Year’s Eve are 10am to 1am. A 2019 Knott’s Season Pass is a great way to visit. Season Passes offer unlimited visits in 2019 plus new 2019 Season Passes can be used for one free admission in 2018, including New Year’s Eve!
And for a limited time, Season Passes can be purchased online for as low as $95 or 8 payments of $10 after initial payment. Payment plan only available online. Plus applicable taxes and fees for online orders. To purchase Season Passes or tickets, or for more information about Knott’s Berry Farm, visit www.knotts.com or download the Knott’s mobile app for your smartphone today. And join the conversation using #KnottsNYE.
Before there was the Colonel, or chicken and waffles, there was a Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant, in the middle of a berry farm in Buena Park, California.
The history of Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant started in June 1934 when Cordelia Knott served the first fried chicken dinner meal for 65 cents each on the land that is today known as Knott’s Berry Farm. To make ends meet during the Great Depression, Cordelia served these chicken dinners on her best wedding china. The success of the chicken dinners was immediate and by 1940, visitors were standing in line for hours to try Cordelia’s famous fried chicken.
Mrs. Knott’s signature fried chicken dinner meal continues to be served with its family-style dining that includes deliciously herb-seasoned fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, tossed green salad, cherry rhubarb, kernel corn, freshly-made buttermilk biscuits with butter and boysenberry preserve; and a slice of Mrs. Knott’s scrumptious boysenberry pie for dessert. Each meal is freshly prepared by the Knott’s culinary team with the freshest ingredients. Today the kitchen serves an average of 1,000 chicken meals per day and serves a grand total of 1.5 million guests per year.
Sunny skies and warm weather have arrived at Knott’s Berry Farm and we’re welcoming summer by introducing an entertainment lineup with two brand new shows and the return of the award-winning story of the Wild West, Ghost Town Alive! This year’s
summer entertainment will take you from a musical performance celebrating the sunny
beach culture of the Boardwalk to experiencing life in the Old West.
This summer the western adventure continues as the award-winning experience of
Ghost Town Alive! returns for another action-packed season. With Ghost Town Alive!
guest are invited to visit the beloved town of Calico and experience an authentic
western adventure by becoming a star in the day’s evolving storyline, each guest has the power to unlock adventures through interactions with the townsfolk or by joining in on
the town’s activities and much more. Guests have the ability to influence how the story
takes shape. This year, the town of Calico bursts to life with new adventures and guest
interactions. Gold has been discovered in town and guests will get swept up in gold
fever as the good citizens of Calico set their sights on seeking their fortunes. Starting
Saturday, May 26 and runs select days through September 3.
Debuting in June at the Charles M. Schultz Theatre, Beach Blanket Beagle is a musical
dance party set to the classic beach comber tunes of the 60’s and 70’s, and stars the
coolest beagle around, Snoopy! Showing select days June 9 – August 19.
At the Calico Mine Stage, Knott’s is presenting another new show called Calico’s Mountain Jamboree! It’s a stunt-filled spectacle featuring the rivalry between the Timber Mountain Loggers and the Calico Miners set to an upbeat soundtrack and comedy galore. Showing select days June 9 – August 19.